We all have days when we don’t feel we’re at our best, when we feel a bit down, maybe when we got up on the wrong side of the bed or took a word or two too personally, and a thousand and one more reasons that make us feel this way.
And it’s completely all right, it’s absolutely natural, and sometimes even important, for us to occasionally feel this way.
Snap out of bad mood
I want to share with you the list of things that help me to snap out of such moods because I think that to know how to snap out of them is just as important.
- Eating chocolate. It is a cliché but so true.
- Chocolate chip cookies – just the same.
- Hot shower – and if possible – a hot bubble bath.
- Hot chocolate or wine.
- Walking outdoors with earphones and my favorite music.
- Music I really like, be it my playlist or from the Eco99 application. Music always makes me feel better.
- Siesta, siesta, siesta.
- Expiration date – I set a period of time for myself to be bummed about something –
it can be half an hour or half a day; but I will certainly not let it stay forever.
- A TV series I really like – usually its Friends or Sex and the City.
- A cheesy, cliché movie – usually Sex and the City or Sex and the City 2 🙂
- Writing a list of things and moments that make me happy and pleased.
- Crying. Letting it all out.
- A bottle of red wine and popcorn.
Because whatever makes Olivia Pope (from Scandal) happy will certainly make me happy.
- Playing with Kate or just stroking her.
- Holding and sniffing (oh yes) my hubby.
- Talking things through with my mum, my hubby, a good friend or my sister.
- Sitting on the beach.
- Watching the sunset, be it on the beach or on the street.
- Lighting up loads of cancels around the house.
- Making dinner for hubby and me.
- Coloring mandalas. You can’t imagine the affect is has on us.
- Reading motivational phrases I keep on Pinterest.
So, this is my entire list, I hope it helps you even a little 🙂 I’ll be happy to hear which things you like to do to feel better!
I’m Wearing: Asos Dress, Mango Hat, Celine Sunglass.
Photos by Matan Raban.
Shop This look: